I bought a large bag of frozen riced cauliflower and was displeased with it as a substitute for mashed potatoes. Yes, it is a common low carb substitute for mashed potatoes, but it doesn’t taste like mashed potatoes. I ended up cooking the entire bag because the cauliflower was all stuck frozen together in one big block. I added garlic, salt, pepper, and butter, but it was boring…
Then I decided to try this Healthy Cauliflower Fritters recipe. It was a HUGE HIT! It transformed my boring cauliflower rice into something tasty! No more bland vegetables for us…
- 2 cups of cooked (riced) cauliflower, prepared with butter, pepper, and salt to taste
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- Flour, 3/8 Cup
- 2 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Mix the riced cauliflower, green onions, flour, and eggs.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to a skillet and heat pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook on each side until brown.
This recipe makes about 8 fritters (using about a 1/4 cup of batter for each fritter). If made as described above, it should be about 5 grams of carbohydrates per fritter. You can use less flour or a low carb flour like almond flour to reduce this further. (If you try using a different kind of flour, please leave a comment to let us know how it was!)
I’ve tried this with both honey mustard and sour cream. I prefer the honey mustard, but sour cream is the lower carb choice. You can try hot sauce, if that’s your thing.
Low Carb Recipe Books
- Eat Happy: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes For A Joyful Life
- 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
More on Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable which may help prevent cancer.